These terms and conditions and the web-based booking form constitute the entire Agreement concerning the provision of an airport transfer service (•Service•) between you and Cotswold Taxis. Completion of the booking form and use of the Service indicates your unconditional acceptance of the terms and conditions set out in this Agreement.
Cotswold Taxis: •you• and •your• means any individual, company or other business that places the booking with us.
- You must allow sufficient time when booking your taxi to allow for the check-in times required by your airline and for any delays caused by traffic conditions. Cotswold Taxis shall not be responsible for any delay caused by your failure to allow enough time to reach your destination or if the passengers are not ready for collection at the booked time.
- You must order a suitable car size for the number of passengers and luggage. Cotswold Taxis, cannot guarantee to carry excessive amounts of luggage. Please note that a child, no matter what age, counts as one passenger.
- If you need to transport a wheelchair please specify this at the time of booking.
- The customer is expected to provide at the time of booking full details of requirements e.g. wheelchair access, luggage requirements, number of persons to be carried in order to satisfy the booking. Failure to provide full details may lead to inability of the vehicle to carry out the journey resulting in delay and/or additional charges being applied in order to fulfil the booking request.
Prices & Payment
- Cotswold Taxis will email you a quotation based on the information supplied by you. Cotswold Taxis may amend the quotation if there is any material change to the original itinerary, the number of passengers, or the type or size of vehicle required.
- The quotation will include a  minute waiting period after the advertised landing time and the cost of car parking. Cotswold Taxis will charge for waiting at its standard rates after the initial 30-minute period has expired. Cotswold Taxis will endeavour to check for flight delays before the driver leaves for the airport but shall be under no obligation to do so.
- If you accept the quotation, you will receive confirmation of your booking by e-mail. Please check your booking confirmation carefully and inform Cotswold Taxis promptly of any errors. Cotswold Taxis shall not be responsible for any delays caused or costs arising from by your failure to provide Cotswold Taxis with correct information.
- All journeys originating at an airport (which are not return journeys where Cotswold Taxis has taken you to the airport) must be prepaid in full at least one day before the date of travel.
- Payment can be made by credit card, debit card (both subject to a 10% surcharge), cash or cheque with a valid guarantee card. Payment by cheque must be made at least 7 days before the date of travel.
- You shall be responsible for the behaviour of all the passengers in the car during the journey. You will be charged to cover cleaning costs in the unlikely event of the vehicle being soiled by any passenger.
- Eating and/or drinking in the cars is not permitted. Cotswold Taxis ARE A NON SMOKING ORGANISATION; REGULAR ‘STOPS’ WILL BE MADE FOR SMOKERS IF REQUIRED. Failure to adhere this policy will result in termination of service without refund.
- All children travelling during the journey should be restrained in a manner appropriate to their age, weight and height.
- Passengers with children who require car seats may provide their own but the Company is unable to store those seats for you.
- Cotswold Taxis will not carry more passengers than its insurance or licensing allows.
- The Cotswold Taxis will not carry any animals except for Guide Dogs accompanying registered blind Passengers.
- Whilst every effort shall be made to supply the vehicle type booked, there may be instances e.g. circumstances beyond our control, when the selected vehicle is not available. In such circumstances a vehicle of similar standard shall be supplied.
If you need to cancel your booking, please contact Cotswold Taxis as soon as possible. Cancellations made more than [24 hours] prior to the date of travel will result in a full refund of. Cancellations made less than [24 hours] prior to the date of travel will not be refunded. Bookings and cancellations made on the same day will incur a minimum charge of [•5.00]. If the hire is cancelled within seven calendar days prior to the date of hire, the Company may apply cancellation charges according to the following scale:
- 8 days or more - No charge
- 5 to 7 days - 40% of the hire charge
- 4 to 2 days - 60% of the hire charge
- Within 24 hours of pickup time - 100% of the hire charge
- Cotswold Taxis shall use all reasonable endeavours to get you to your destination on time, but shall not be liable for any loss due to delays caused by road or traffic conditions beyond its control on the journey. Under no circumstances shall Cotswold Taxis be liable (in contract, tort or otherwise) for any loss of profits, business or for any indirect or consequential loss whatever.
- The Passenger(s) shall remain responsible at all times for their Luggage & Personal Items and shall ensure that all their Luggage & Personal Items are loaded into the Vehicle prior to commencement of the service, and unloaded from the Vehicle upon completion of the Service. Cotswold Taxis accepts no responsibility for any loss of/damage to Luggage & Personal Items or consequential losses arising as a result of Luggage & Personal Items which are not loaded to or unloaded from the Vehicle.
- Cotswold Taxis shall be entitled to cancel all services and provide refunds in the event of a declared national emergency, riot, war, fuel shortage, extreme weather or terrorist attack, or other circumstances beyond its control. If the car breaks down during your journey Cotswold Taxis will endeavour to arrange an alternative car to complete the journey as soon as practicable.
- You shall indemnify Cotswold Taxis against all losses, costs, damages and expenses arising from any act or omission of any passenger in your party.
- Neither party excludes or limits its liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, or for wilful default or fraudulent misrepresentation or otherwise in any manner unenforceable by any applicable law.
- It is a legal requirement that all passengers wear a seat belt where fitted. All of our Vehicles are fitted with seat belts up to the maximum number of passengers allowed by law.
Cotswold Taxis will refuse or terminate any booking with immediate effect if it places any driver or vehicle at risk of damage, violence or abuse by you or by any passenger in your party and will ask all passengers to vacate the vehicle as soon as it is safe to do so. No refunds will be given if the journey is terminated part way through the hire.
- Cotswold Taxis may subcontract its obligations under this Agreement. You shall not assign, transfer or delegate any of your rights or obligations under this Agreement.
- Cotswold Taxis may change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms and conditions regularly to ensure that you are aware of any changes. All existing bookings will be at the rate quoted or applicable rate in effect at the time of booking.
- Cotswold Taxis shall store, process and use all information regarding your personal details in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998.
- This Agreement and any accompanying quotation represents the entire agreement between you and Cotswold Taxis in relation to its subject matter. If there is any discrepancy between the terms of this Agreement and the quotation, the terms of this Agreement shall prevail.
- Nothing in this Agreement is intended to confer any benefit on any third party, whether pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise, and no third party shall have the right to enforce any rights under this Agreement except where otherwise agreed in writing.
Rights and Powers of the Company - the Company reserves the right to:
- Change the rules or instructions concerning the use of any part of the Service from time to time.
- Temporarily suspend the Service to the Customer wholly or in part in the interest of the quality of Service or in the interest of other Customers.
- Suspend or temporarily suspend the Service in the event of communication failure.
- Decline the Service unless the Company is at its own discretion is satisfied that the proper account security procedures have been followed and shall not be liable in any way for refusing the service under these circumstances.
This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with English law and you and Cotswold Taxis each agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts in respect of any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this Agreement.
We welcome your comments and feedback on our services and suggestions on how to further improve our services in order to ensure the satisfaction of all our customers, Contact Cotswold Taxis.
Copyright © 2017 Cotswold Taxis Ltd.